The integration of design, art and light in architecture dates back to a long time ago, and maybe this is the reason why lamps have gradually stop being just an item emitting light to become a light sculpture which confers a special personality to the product and its environment. It is such the importance of light that any change on the item can alter the formal concept of the whole project. A sculpture may seem more or less static, depending on the light received. With DOME we decided to take the light out of the object so it becomes a light sculpture designed to receive and emit a delicate light, a play of shadows and nuances that enrich the space for which they were created. Developing this project with Benedetta has allowed us to reflect on the art of lighting, on how to reinterpret light and on the creation of products with a more artistic approach and a less industrial look. It has also allowed us to be swept away and do what we really like to do. These light sculptures are completely handmade and they are entirely produced in the Bover Barcelona HQ. More than 170 big and small wood fragments are wisely intertwined and sewed one by one to end up in such a jigsaw puzzle.
- Design: Benedetta Tagliabue | EMBT / 2015
- Typology: Pendant lamp
- Environment: Indoor Ambiente: Interior Dome 180
- Net Weight: 108.58 lbs
- Materials: Iron, Aluminum, Wood finished beech.
- The light is above the structure to illuminate throughout the open and diffused portions casting beautiful shadow patterns on surfaces below.
- 75 W LED / CRI: 82 / 2700ºK 8250 lm light source
- 120-277V 50/60Hz